• Robe or sarong to wear to and from the clothing-optional bath area.
• Flip-flops or slip-on shoes
• Slippers to wear inside the hotel. (Please park outdoor shoes on the veranda.)
• Hiking or running shoes to explore our Nature Preserve.
• Hat & sunscreen
Wilbur guests cook their own meals in our commercially equipped communal kitchen. We provide a selection of dry herbs and spices (including salt and pepper), cookware, utensils, and dishes. Wilbur’s tap water is mineral-rich and delicious to drink. It comes from our own on-site freshwater springs.
• Please bring all the groceries you will need, including: cooking oil, butter, condiments, flour, sweeteners, wine, tea, and pre-ground coffee.
If you forget anything, we sell a few staple items, bottled water, non-alcoholic beverages, snack foods, chocolate, and other goodies in our Country Store.
Full Belly Farm for fresh, organic food
If you're headed to Wilbur via Highway 16, stop by our neighbors at Full Belly Farm to pick up some fresh organic fruit, vegetables, or eggs for your stay. Full Belly Farm has been operating organically since 1985 and is less than 30 minutes away. They have an on-farm market every Friday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. or you can call a day ahead to place an order for pick-up: (530) 796-2214. For more information, visit their website at: www.fullbellyfarm.com
Bunk Room Guests
• Bring your own top bedding (sleeping bag or blanket). We provide bottom sheets and pillows with cases. • On weekends and holidays, bring a cooler for food storage.
• Bring a freestanding tent, sleeping pad, and sleeping bag.
• Bring a cooler for food storage.
In keeping with Wilbur’s values of conservation and environmental stewardship, we rely on solar power for our energy needs. We appreciate your mindful cooperation to limit energy consumption by leaving plug-in devices (e.g., hair dryer, flat-iron, blender, food processor, etc.) at home and turning off lights when you leave your room. Outlets are limited in the hotel, however we can charge a device at the front desk. Please notify the hotel in advance if you require an outlet for a plug-in medical device.
• You may bring battery-powered devices such as a laptop computer or portable music player with headphones.
Cell Phones and Internet Access:
Wilbur is out of range of cell phone reception and wireless Internet is not available. The nearest cell reception area is about 30 minutes away, near the towns of Williams or Clearlake.
Wilbur is an ideal place to play and foster your creativity. We provide a variety of unplugged entertainments, including a reading library, pool table, ping-pong table, board games, piano, musical instruments, and several bicycles for guests to borrow. Feel free to bring:
• Art & craft supplies
• Acoustic musical instruments